Challenges of Software Development
1. It is working on my computer,
2. It was working yesterday.
3. It cannot be done.
4. It is not in the software specification.
5.Your database is corrupt.
6.The problem cannot be reproduced.
7, You are working with the wrong version.
8. You should have tested it before taking to live.
9. Another application is causing the problem.
10. It is not a bug. It is a feature!
11. Did it ever work?
12. You should restart the computer/server.
13. It must have been user error.
1. I say this with regularity hoping for levity .
2. Software environments change regularly with security patches and updates.
3. This shows a lack of imagination. I have never said this.
4. A valid response for a waterfall build-out. Never should be spoken with Agile.
5. Possible with MS Access, but not likely with SQL Server or Oracle.
6. This is a valid statement, but one that likely occurs only after a series of 'unknown' events.
7. Virtual computers bring consistency to the desktop and eliminate that excuse.
8. Programmers unit test but system and regression testing is better left to a team.
9, Could be true, but the programmer is still faced with working around the problem.
10. Tongue in cheek, get it working.
11. Shows a lack in confidence and testing. The programmer should know it worked.
12. It's Microsoft what can you say?
13. Undeniably this happens, but respect the user and investigate.